Often homeowners are unaware of just what is inside their roof space. Depending upon the age and construction properties of the house, a roof space can contain some very dangerous contaminates such as:
- Lead Asbestos particles.
- Other heavy metals.
- Chemical pollutants.
- Rat, mouse and animal faeces and urine.
- Dust mites.
- Toxic mould and mildew.
Why Remove old Insulation?
Removal of ceiling insulation or disturbing the ceiling dust mixes these contaminates into the roof space’s atmosphere. In Australia, rats and mice can assist transmission of serious diseases including the plague, dysentery, leptospirosis and typhus fever. These airborne contaminates can then leak into the living areas of your house through roof vents or light fixtures. Once in the living space of your house, the airborne contaminates can pose a serious health risk to you and you’re your family by aggravating or trigger health concerns such as allergies and asthma or worse.
Older forms of insulation, including loose fed insulation such as cellulose, settle and degrade over time losing their ability to adequately insulate your home (decreased ‘R’ value).
Before replacing this insulation with a higher quality product, the old insulation needs to be removed. Depending upon the type of insulation, roof design and quantity of insulation, the process can be a difficult and time-consuming process without the correct equipment.
Some older forms of insulation, such as fibreglass, when disturbed can present health risks to people and their pets. It should also be kept in mind that often rodents and other animals make nests in insulation. This can lead to large amounts of animal faeces and urine impregnated insulation that can add to already present health risks during insulation removal. InsulGuard’s highly trained technicians utilise techniques and equipment to remove various types of insulation in a safe and efficient manner.
The insulation removal Perth process involves:
- Utilising Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Accessing the attic space through the roof where possible to reduce any chance of contaminates entering your home.
- Old insulation is bagged and sealed in the ceiling to avoid airborne fibreglass particles and other contaminants that were in your attic contaminating the outside environment.
- Vacuuming of the roof space to ensure all contaminants and airborne particles are removed is recommended.
- Cellulose or loose fill insulation is removed with our high powered vacuum.
- All removed insulation is taken away and disposed off at an EPA approved Waste Disposal Centre (i.e. Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre)
- With improved technology, new materials and improved thermal properties insulation is far superior to that sold 15 to 20 years ago. So why not upgrade your insulation with Insulguard and enjoy the dramatic reduction in heating and cooling costs.
Why Remove With Insulguard Insulation?
Professional removal of insulation and ceiling dust should be carried out prior to the commencement of any renovations, maintenance or construction work in the roof space. This will help prevent unnecessary exposure to dangerous contaminates. Removal of ceiling dust and insulation is hazardous to your health and the Australian Government’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) strongly discourages homeowners from removing insulation and ceiling dust themselves. To remove insulation and ceiling dust in a safe manner, InsulGuard’s technicians use modern techniques and safety precautions. InsulGuard’s industrial insulation vacuuming units are fitted with industrial HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters that filter out contaminates without danger to the house occupants or technicians. All insulation and ceiling dust is removed safely and disposed of at an approved disposal centre.
Think Insulation Removal think Insulguard Insulation Perth
If you are planning on having your insulation replaced or maybe even convert your roof space into a storage area or additional room then InsulGuard can help make it a safe working environment. To contact us to arrange a free measure and quote for insulation vacuuming, call 1300 467 854 .